A Frugal Work in Progress

Join me on the journey to come to terms with my finances.







Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Christmas - to date

So in my family I have 3 sisters, 2 brother in laws (respectively), 3 nephews, parents, my husband, and the girls. My husband has parents, a sister, a niece, and a son. That is a lot of Christmas. Usually I would just spend until I had no money or credit left. This year I'm trying to do Christmas Frugally. This is my running tab so far. I have found so good deals on stuff and looking at black Friday I've seen some great deals.

My girls are finished (including the $.21 I paid for the V-tech V-motion system.)

The V-tech is on sale for 39.99 at Target until Wednesday. They come with batteries but not power cords. So the power cord was 11.49. I had a $5 off coupon on $50 of toys - (I received this when I purchased the UP movies.) They are random coupons but print out at the register after you pay. Then I had 2 $25 target gift cards I got free from Chase. My total $.21.

I had already purchased K her Playschool walker thingy on the UP target visit with a $5 off the on sale $17.96 price with a different gift free Target gift card.

Many banks are giving away points for using their services on free checking accounts and it is beneficial to use these banks and these points. Chase only gives points on their debit card when you use it as a credit card if you have a regular card the points are 1 point for $1 spent. You can upgrade your debit card to a Leisure Reward Cars, there is a yearly $25 fee but points are now 4 points for $1 spent. I use my card to pay anything I can. This month alone I've gotten $75 in free gift cards. Capital one offers points on check written, card purchases, and debit purchases.

Christmas Tally

Ais - V-tech $.21
K - Playskool Walker - Free
Clothes for Salvation Army giving tree girl, the Boys, Corey's son, Ais, & K - JC Penny the total before discounts was 483.72. After all the door busters and discounts the total for 274.81. So I saved about $200 bucks and did some good for Charity.

I also got the girls some other outfits online for $56.24.

Then I got my charity child a Tea set at Disney store for $6.52 because I used a $10 gift card I had in my wallet for the last year.

The girls, my charity child, and my oldest Nephew are finished.

Total Christmas - $337.78

No comments:

Post a Comment